<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Tuesday, October 21, 2003

Favorite Waste of Time
I just put high-speed internet access in my office, so the thing is on all the time. That, combined with the ease of posting on this site as opposed to my other one, and I think I have discovered the greatest waste of time since the yo-yo.

Anyhow--browsing the news headlines again just now, it occurs to me that we're seeing Republicanism in a nutshell today. If you're an individual making a private choice, they rush to step in. If you are ripping off the American taxpayer as a whole, they pretty much leave you alone. And if you are threatening to incinerate thousands or millions, they'll poke you through the bars of your cage because it might make you back off.

So much for moral clarity and the consistency it brings to political decisions.

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?