<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Wednesday, June 16, 2004

Welcome
--I Never Said That
To
--Wait a Minute, Wait a Minute
The
--Let Me Finish
Daily
--Hold On, Now
Aneurysm
--Stop Interrupting for One Second and Listen to Me
Everybody
--I Never Said That

I taped John Podesta's appearance on Fox News' Hannity and Colmes last night so I could watch only that segment this morning and thus not waste a whole hour of my life on the entire show. As it turned out, I wasted about 10 minutes of my life this morning. As I noted in my post on Monday, Hannity controls the microphone, and he started interrupting Podesta no more than five seconds into his first answer, piled interruption on interruption every time Podesta tried to continue, and then had the balls to turn around and criticize Podesta for interrupting him. The sum of Hannity's rant was this: I always tell the truth, Podesta, and because you never criticized Bill Clinton for lying under oath, who are you to criticize me, and besides, what about the First Amendment and the fact that I always tell the truth?

In the end, you gotta wonder why liberals even bother with Fox News, where we'll never be treated fairly, never get equal time, never get a reasonable forum where our ideas can be discussed rationally. It's an especial waste of time and effort trying to engage in an intelligent dialogue with a preening fascist like Hannity, who's never wrong and never in doubt. We help to legitimize people like him just by showing up.

Recommended Reading: Aaron McGruder's The Boondocks has been taking on the deification of Ronald Reagan this week, and today's strip is especially funny. Elsewhere, Black Commentator locates Reagan in history alongside the white Redeemers who took control of Southern state governments during Reconstruction, paving the way for the Jim Crow era.

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?