<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Thursday, August 19, 2004

Housekeeping
I am having an intensely busy day today (for a change), so I have been absent from my blogging post (Blogging? Post? Get it?) all morning and will likely be absent this afternoon. But lest you go without me entirely today (perish the thought), here are some quick housekeeping bits.

If what you see when you read this is what I see when I read this (not always a guarantee, given the state of modern cookie technology), you may have noticed a change at the head of this blog in the last few days. The Google ads are gone (something to do with their ballyhooed IPO today, maybe), and have been replaced by a search box. This box permits you to search my blog--so if you want to go back and find out how many times I have mentioned a particular name (such as John Kerry) or other word (wingnut, moron, dipshit, etc.), you can just type it in. The top of the blog also includes a button for "next blog," which will take you to some other destination in the Blogspot universe. This can be highly entertaining, because you never know where you're going. And there's the "get your own blog" button, which you may find tempting.

I also have noticed that on the current Useless Web Poll regarding which blogs you read in addition to this one, some of those deigning to respond have checked "Other." So I'll ask: Which blogs are you reading? (They can be political, or not.) Which blogs should I be reading that I'm not? (If it ain't on my blogroll on the right side of the page, I'm certainly not reading it--because I'm not reading a lot of those as regularly as I'd like.) Click "Comments" and let me know.

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?