<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Tuesday, September 07, 2004

He Was a Midwestern Boy on His Own
This morning a friend sent me the latest column from the Mighty Krugman (which, if his thesis is correct, is more bad news for John Kerry) and asked if I thought Krugman was married. I said I didn't know, and a brief e-mail colloquy regarding the hotness of liberals ensued. So this afternoon I was driving around and I flipped to our new Air America affiliate and started listening to Randi Rhodes, who holds down the 2-6PM slot (afternoon drive, as we call it in the biz), and suddenly the hotness of liberals took on an entirely new meaning. I have always been attracted to smart and funny women. Now, you have to understand that because Midwestern boys such as myself automatically assign additional hotness points to women with New York accents, smart and funny women with New York accents rank mighty high on the hotness meter almost by default. And I am here to tell you that smart and funny liberal women with New York accents go off the scale.

I mentioned this morning that WXXM (the Air America affiliate) and one of our other local news/talk stations, WTDY, are both intending to use "Madison's Progressive Radio" as a tagline. According to the Capital Times, lawyers are already involved. WTDY program director John Sylvester, extensively quoted in the story, is a guy I knew in college--he's one of the last of us still in the business, and one of the most successful.

Recommended Reading: If John Kerry were to take Tom Schaller's advice on how to fight the next eight weeks, I'd take back what I said yesterday about the race being over. Key quote: "The presidency is not won on esoteric arguments about this or that economic report; sadly, it's won by convincing Americans--70 percent of whom cannot identify their member of Congress--with schoolyard political tactics." In other words, fight, dammit--fight.

If you have not had your minimum daily requirement of Weird Shit yet, click here. Because it's from a conspiracist website, this sordid tale of child sex in the White House goes into far more detail than you are probably willing to wade through--but, as Atrios noted today, "Of all the stories thrown down the memory hole from the era of Poppy, this one was always the weirdest."

New at The Hits Just Keep On Comin': From Memphis to L.A.

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?