<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Tuesday, August 23, 2005

I Am Superfluous
I was gonna blog this afternoon--but David Sirota beat me to it. Go read now.

So as not to disappoint you entirely, here's a preview of something you will probably receive in your e-mail in the next couple of weeks, particularly if you have one of those annoying acquaintances who likes to spam their entire address book with half-baked nonsense. I used to like the old colloquialism that such-and-such is "as useless as tits on a boar hog." Now I think a better one is "as useless as an online petition."

(On the subject of annoying e-mail acquaintances: I have one who likes to send kitschy, patriotic stuff, and another who sends anything that bashes Bill Clinton--and who apparently never reads this blog. My wife, however, has an acquaintance who must be the single most gullible e-mail user on the planet--she frequently forwards alerts about Madalyn Murry O'Hair's campaign to get religious broadcasting off the air, and the bill in Congress to impose a five-cent e-mail tax.)

Why are you still here? Go read Sirota.

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?