<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Thursday, February 23, 2006

Willful Stupidity Is Officially Here
I'm not officially here. I'm on hiatus. This is not an official blog post. Repeat, this is not an official blog post. It can't be, because I'm not officially here.

Just yesterday I was reading something--I forget what; probably somebody else's blog--and took note of a very good line: "Willful stupidity is a crime." I thought of it this morning reading an article at Alternet, an excerpt from the book How the Pro-Choice Movement Saved America: Sex, Virtue, and the Way We Live Now, by Cristina Page. It's a stunning catalog of the ways in which pro-lifers embrace willful stupidity, tie themselves into self-justifying logical knots over biology to further the cause of Jesus, and do real, quantifiable damage to children. After it's done making you sick, it will probably make you angry.

It may be too late to do anything about the eventual demise of Roe v. Wade. (Anybody who thinks the Supremes won't uphold the constitutionality of D&X bans ("partial birth," as the wingnuts call it) now that Strip-Search Sammy is on the bench, raise your hand.) However, the article is worth your time anyhow, if only to help you understand the depth of the stupidity-induced criminality assaulting us every day. Read it if you have a kid--or a school board.

Now: since I'm not officially here, I can't officially leave. Which is a bit of a conundrum, yes?

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?